World Health Organization
To ensure that effective WHO country presence is established to implement WHO country cooperation strategies that are aligned with Member State’s health and development agendas, and harmonized with the United Nations country teams.
Description Of Duties
The incumbent will perform the following duties:Attend non-technical provincial meetings with representatives from other UN agencies,MOPH, etc. related to procurement, security, and other administrative issues,as required and follow-up on recommendations.Guide and brief all staff and non-staff on WHO rules and procedures; provide on the job training for administrative support staff. Oversee and provide support to provincial HR colleagues in HR issues; coordinate with the HR/PAK on appointments, extensions, and separations for staff and non-staff contract holders etc.Participatein the assessment of needs of the Programme, including forecasting future needs,coordinating recruitment of non-staff contractors, training and stafforientation and implementation of performance management in collaboration withthe main Polio Programme Human Resource and Talent Management team. Provide administrative support to the Polio Administration, Logistics and Procurement,Fleet teams for the provincial office of polio program. Ensure appropriate asset management and provide relevant reports to provincial office team leader and operations officer and attend to the repair and maintenance of vehicles.Finalize all administrative and logistics preparations required for the organization of meetings held at provincial level (working groups, seminars/courses, workshops)Guide staff members in the province to process procurement requests (PRs) and travel requests (TRs) using GSM. Follow-up and advise on issuance/extensions of visa’s and UNLPs, security clearances, flight and hotel bookings.In coordination with the federal procurement unit, initiate and process local procurement of goods and services required for operations of the Polio Programme at provincial level, including national training activities and maintain a systematic tracking and follow-up systemCoordinate with Field Security Officer and, when appropriate, with the United Nations Department of Safety and Security (UNDSS) and ensure the Minimum Operating Security Standards (MOSS) compliance.Ensure timely reports on security related incidents, dissemination of security and travel advisory information and security briefings and training of staff.Guide on routine communication and memorandums at provincial level; update and maintain good filing system (paper based, electronic and database) of official communication issued and process required approvals and clearances for formalities related to provincial Government.Oversee logistics and fleet at provincial level and supervise pool of drivers.
: Completion of secondary education; training and /or technical courses in business administration/commerce or accounting.
: University degree in business administration, social sciences or related field is an asset.
: At least eight years’ progressive experience in the area of administration, including experience in HR and/or procurement.
: Relevant experience in the UN system
Ability to train other staff on administrative matters Good analytical, planning and sound organizational skills Stress and time management skills.Knowledge of WHO systems, procedures and practices is an asset
Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Ensuring the effective use of resources
WHO global Competencies model at http://www.who.int/employment/WHO_competencies_EN.pdf?ua=1
Use of Language Skills
: Expert knowledge of English. Expert knowledge of Local language.
: Intermediate knowledge of French.
WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at PKR 2,746,310 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- For information on WHO’s operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO prides itself on a workforce that adheres to the highest ethical and professional standards and that is committed to put the WHO Values Charter into practice.
- WHO has zero tolerance towards sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA), sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct (i.e., discrimination, abuse of authority and harassment). All members of the WHO workforce have a role to play in promoting a safe and respectful workplace and should report to WHO any actual or suspected cases of SEA, sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct. To ensure that individuals with a substantiated history of SEA, sexual harassment or other types of abusive conduct are not hired by the Organization, WHO will conduct a background verification of final candidates.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days)
1 year (Subject to availability of funds, satisfactory performance and continuing need for the position)
Jan 23, 2023, 12:13:52 PM
Feb 7, 2023, 12:59:00 AM
EM_PAK WHO Representative’s Office, Pakistan
Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.