World Health Organization
To ensure that effective WHO country presence is established to implement WHO country cooperation strategies that are aligned with Member State’s health and development agendas, and harmonized with the United Nations country teams
Description Of Duties
Maintain a direct and regular contact with the bank on matters related to Direct Disbursement Mechanism (DDM)as per SOPs. Prepare payment instructions for the bank and monitor process up-to the payment to the frontline workers and resolve problems during the disbursement process.Be responsible for verifying payment documents and obtaining necessary clearances for processing payment by ensuring timely production and distribution of payment cards to each district for each round. Liaise with provincial offices to collect relevant payment information and maintain a follow-up system that captures the progresses of payment per round/ district and per activity Focal person for the in preparation of fund disbursement work pertaining to AJK/GB and ICT/CDA and/or other provinces.Reconcile Supplementary Immunization Activities (SIAs) budget with bank statements and instructions given to the bank. Ensures payments not made by the bank are swiftly returned to WHO and justify any difference in reconciliation. Advise and brief the staff assigned to the funds disbursement task including additional support staff or casuals on financial rules and procedures pertaining to allowance, salary and advances, travel claims and other financials matters. Coordinate and supervise the work of other Finance Assistants, if needed. Contribute to the organization and conducting of training/refreshers/briefing and orientation sessions for technical and support staff/partnerswho are involved in Supplementary Immunization Activities (SIAs) administration.Participate in the periodic review, and update of the DDM payment guideline/SOPs that describes the process, the roles and responsibilities of each stakeholder. Submit clean statement of accounts to supervisors, stakeholders and auditors, through maintaining internal expenditure control systems which ensures completeness of required documentation/approvals/clearances. Report discrepancies and propose alternatives to ensure alignment and compliance with business rules and financial practices. Maintain and update the documentation and archiving of DDM files including back-ups (soft and hard copies), the DDM database and bank portals.
: Completion of secondaryeducation; training and /or technical courses in businessadministration/commerce or accounting.
: Universitydegree in accounting, commerce or business administration is an asset.
: At least eight years of related experience in accounting and/or administrative work
: Related experience in the UN system
Very good time management and organizational skills. Good knowledge of banking regulations and local laws. Very good analytical skills. Knowledge of the organization’s policies and regulations in general, and in particular, regarding project activities and financial procedures is an asset.
Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Ensuring the effective use of resources
WHO global Competencies model at http://www.who.int/employment/WHO_competencies_EN.pdf?ua=1
Use of Language Skills
: Expert knowledge of English. Expert knowledge of Local language.
: Intermediate knowledge of French.
WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at PKR 2,746,310 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- For information on WHO’s operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO prides itself on a workforce that adheres to the highest ethical and professional standards and that is committed to put the WHO Values Charter into practice.
- WHO has zero tolerance towards sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA), sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct (i.e., discrimination, abuse of authority and harassment). All members of the WHO workforce have a role to play in promoting a safe and respectful workplace and should report to WHO any actual or suspected cases of SEA, sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct. To ensure that individuals with a substantiated history of SEA, sexual harassment or other types of abusive conduct are not hired by the Organization, WHO will conduct a background verification of final candidates.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.
Temporary appointment under Staff Rule 420.4
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days)
1 year (Subject to availability of funds, satisfactory performance and continuing need for the position)
Jan 23, 2023, 12:22:09 PM
Feb 7, 2023, 12:59:00 AM
EM_PAK WHO Representative’s Office, Pakistan
Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.