Last Date to Apply: 6th February, 2023
This is a full-time position.
This is a grade 2B position.
This role is based in Islamabad, Pakistan. (Hybrid)
About The Role
The position will work closely with B2B and technology teams to ensure active financial and operational prudence through a methodical performance management framework. The position is located in Islamabad and reports to Senior Business Manager Technology & B2B
Your Impactful Goals Will Include
- Actively contribute towards the formation and promotion of overall performance management in Technology and B2B division at Telenor Pakistan
- Assist in forecasting/strategy/reporting while co-ordinating efforts to close the gap between targets and forecasts.
- Ongoing analysis of actual performance in order to improve forecast of various trends/drivers, etc.
- Actively assist in driving a performance based culture in B2B and technolgoy divisions
- Proactive involvement in operational excellence and industrialization across Telenor Pakistan
- Representing finance division in various cross-functional teams to drive business cases/strategic analyses
Your Typical day at work
- Preparing, executing and improving financial models to support in forecasting/strategy/investments to reduce turnaround time
- Carrying out analysis of different value drivers, trends and development and responsible for providing decision support to management in B2B and Technology
- Ensure effective monitoring and control of all P&L items
- Carry out operational excellence programs across Technology & B2B Division
- Efficiently running ad-hoc analyses as and when needed to support decision making and to highlight key drivers behind opex items
- Contribute to the preparation of BU calls, Value Agenda and other requirements from group
- Be part of divisional discussions around profitability and value drivers
What we are looking for?
Minimum Bachelors Degree. MBA/BBA/ACCA/ICMA other relevant financial/business qualification
- Around 4-6 years experience in an analytical role
- Thorough understanding of financial drivers and concepts
- Good understanding including thorough understanding of underlying value drivers (telecom sector experience will be a plus, but not mandatory)
Potential Career Path
AM or Manager level positions in analytical roles in commercial/finance/strategy (such as pricing/segments/ business planning/strategy, etc.).
Functional Skills / Knowledge Areas
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and Team building skills
- Should be able to work individually and also in a team
- Ability to create/edit and evaluate detailed financial models
- Ability to remain calm under pressure, and keep an eye on the bigger picture
- Excellent analytical skills including skilled in variance analysis and business case evaluations
- Solid understanding of various drivers specific to the telecommunication
- Excellent writing skills and experience in financial analysis
- Sound knowledge of Finance and Accounting
Why should you join Telenor?
At Telenor Pakistan, we give you the opportunity to become a skilled professional in your chosen field of interest. Being rated as the top employer of the country, we enable you to realize your dreams in an environment of diversity and openness to new mindsets.