The Citizens Foundation
Literacy and Life Skills department was set up at TCF to lead the program on non-formal schooling interventions for out-of-school-children in Pakistan in the 8-16 years age bracket. The incumbent will be the focal point for the program??s engagement with communities. They will support with identification of community locations, community mobilization and enrolment of out of school children. Additionally, the incumbent will support with training of community teachers, monitoring and logistics of the program.
- Conducting field observations to understand the need and context of out-of-school-children
- Conducting research on community engagement and supporting with design and implementation of the same.
- Engaging with communities and children to create their buy-in for the community-based education program
- Conducting monitoring visits and administering monitoring and evaluation tools for the program.
- Collecting data and maintaining the database.
- Designing and conducting trainings of community based teachers.
- Contributing to the operational design and plans for the program.
- Support with writing of the recommendation report based on findings of the pilot.
- Support with report-writing and visualization of the data collected from the field
Other activities related to the program.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Cultural sensitivity and demonstrated ability to work successfully with diverse constituencies.
- Experience of engaging with communities at the grassroots level
- Experience in teaching and /or training
- Problem-solver and can manage uncertainty
- Process oriented and good organizational skills
- Proficient in using MS Office
Strong command over English, Urdu and Sindhi (required)
Bachelors (In Education or Social Sciences)
1-2 years of teaching experience in classrooms and/ or community engagement and mobilization
Fluent Sindhi speaker, reader and intermediate level of writing is mandatory
Understanding of Sindh??s landscape and experience in Travelling to interior Sindh is highly preferred