The Citizens Foundation
The incumbent will primarily be responsible for:
- Understanding contextual needs for redesign of TCF??s flagship and public school classrooms and libraries based on primary research (interviews & observations) & secondary research
- Conducting market surveys to source local materials
- Visualizing, sketching and proposing ideas for redesign, as well as consulting with and get feedback from experts
Supporting implementation of approved ideas for a functional, scalable, safe & and aesthetically-pleasing space that supports child & adult wellbeing.
- Knowledge of fundamental principles of interior design (including design of lightening, acoustics and furniture), theories of interior architecture, technical/digital drawing, market surveys for material availability and current industry trends
- Strong project management, organization, time management, communication & research skills
- Strong social and emotional skills as well as ability to use critical and reflective thinking.
- Proficiency in English & Urdu. Proficiency in regional languages will be a plus.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Illustrator, SketchUp or similar design software.
Proficiency in MS Office
Undergraduate degree or diploma in Interior Design/ Architecture or a related discipline
Preferably 1 year of experience in interior design (particularly designing for young children). Recent graduates will also be considered.
- Portfolio of work might be requested during the recruitment stage