The Citizens Foundation
Develop the layout and design of Middle Math textbooks, workbooks, teacher guides and other digital/non-digital resource material. Consumers of these resources include students and teachers. The medium of instruction of the books will be Urdu and English.
- Develop layout and design of textbooks, workbooks (for children aged 10-15), teacher guides and other resources;
- Create child-friendly illustrations for textbooks and workbooks
- Develop an overarching design theme to the content;
- Come up with innovative and interesting ways to present content in a manner that students find interesting and engaging;
- Use visual tools to organize information such that users are able to easily navigate the resources and retain core concepts and takeaways;
- Ensure that the layout and design choices in the books are consistent with TCF??s brand and values;
- Maintain a strong connect with the intended users ?? teachers and students ?? to understand what kind of content they find engaging and interesting. This would entail meetings with teachers and students and testing sample lessons with them;
- Create graphics and animations using a variety of tools, such as Adobe Suite and Microsoft Office.
- Collaborate and communicate with other developers, instructional designers, and graphic artists;
- Collaborate with multiple departments on a range of projects related to the development of curriculum, student learning outcomes, testing and similar activities.
It is a contractual job (6 months to 1 year).
- Demonstrated ability using authoring, multimedia and graphics tools i.e. Adobe Suite (Most work will be done in InDesign and Adobe Illustrator, expertise in other softwares will also be preferred). Candidate will be required to share work samples.
- An understanding of design principles of print.
- Passion to stay current on industry trends and related technology.
Good English and Urdu skills.
Intermediate or equivalent with a relevant diploma/certification/course
(Bachelors?? Degree will be preferred)
Preferably 1-2 years