The Citizens Foundation
The individual selected for this role will be responsible to lead and drive the data management and analytics mandate, ensure robust data structures and data management standards, and create rich, meaningful insights from data collected in various research and evaluation projects.
- Work closely with other departments in large data collection and evaluation exercises to validate the accuracy and reliability of data, and create data management and reporting structures.
- Build data analysis capacity for mixed methods research design, and support the research team in various qualitative and quantitative data analyses.
- Seek understanding of program theory, design and operations in order to create meaning from data, and differentiate, relate, disaggregate and transform data such that it unpacks effects, their distribution, their determinants etc.
- Liaise closely with the research design team and other owners of administrative data to define data granularity, enabling capture of both micro-data and aggregate data that can add rigor and differentiation to the analysis.
- Assemble static and dynamic data visualizations and dashboards that can enable data users in decision making processes.
- Perform econometric analysis for specific problems / inquiries, constructing robust models and testing hypotheses.
- Clearly define data access and protection policies and processes for datasets and databases housed in the Outcomes division, and ensure compliance to the guidelines, upholding the highest standards of ethics in data protection and responsible use.
Landscape availability of large secondary datasets (governmental or private) that can help guide organizational strategy, or allow cross-operator comparisons.
- Excellent understanding of data analysis tools (such as SPSS and Stata), advanced understanding of Excel, and data visualization tools (such as Power BI and Tableau)
- Technical expertise in statistical data modelling, database design, database management, data mining and segmentation techniques, and hands-on programming skills for database management (SQL) and data analytics (Python/R) will be of great value to this role.
- Sound understanding of research design
- Curiosity, commitment to accuracy, and attention to detail are critical attributes for this role.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
Ability to direct and support a team towards high quality outputs, and collaborate effectively within and across teams
A Bachelor??s or Master??s degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Economics, Statistics or a proximal discipline.
- 4-5 years of work experience in handling, monitoring, managing, manipulating and drawing insights from data in a medium-to-large enterprise.
- 2 years in a role leading a team. Prior work experience in the education sector would be a plus.
- Individuals with less experience may apply if they have exceptional data analysis skills and exposure to data analytics using Python and/or R language