You will be the first impression of Market Intelligence. As part of our front line, you will interact with companies across the border to increase awareness of the value of Market Intelligence analytical solutions and data services. This will include developing the strategy to diagnose and assess whether a company is a good fit for our products and strategize, with internal partners, how to highlight that value.
relevant for internal applicants only
The role requires you work in the Night shift.
The Team is a global team. We are self-motivated, spirited and passionate, with a client first mind-set. We are resilient, flexible and value excellence in execution. Overall, the team works passionately to increase awareness of the value of our products to accelerate success.
You’ll be the first impression of Market Intelligence and a quarterback, leveraging resources from marketing, product, other teams to match our solutions and services to meet needs. As top of the funnel, you are essential to the organization’s overall growth.
What??s In it for You:
We are looking for someone to grow with the company by evolving their skills and expanding their industry knowledge and product knowledge on market leading analytical solutions and data services. As you grow, there are opportunities for you to transition into areas where you can continue to thrive. Although this could mean accelerating your career within the team, it could transition to other areas like relationship management, customer success, product specialist, operations or project management.
- Work through assigned Market??Intelligence??accounts by segment to determine if a company would benefit from our analytical solutions and data services
- Identify the right group/users within an organization and engage them in a conversation about our different products
- Develop new conversations with companies from multiple sources including inbound calls, discovery and individual research
- Develop an outreach strategy to drive leads with internal teams
- Follow up on leads and conduct research to identify companies who will value our products and offerings.
- Prepare and analyze reports and dashboards
- Work on new logo accounts to engage prospects in the buying process
- Build and cultivate relationships by initiating communications and conducting follow-up communications in order to introduce companies to other parts of our organization
- Grow product knowledgeby sitting in with various team members, attending the demos you set, and asking for feedback on a regular basis
- Continuous learning to stay on top of tools, techniques, trends, understanding of the market, customers, and competition
- Timely management of data for customers and company interactions within CRM, recording all communications, information is accurate, and documents attached.
- Monitor day-to-day time and priorities to deliver results
Collaborate with peers, particularly around best practices, competitive intel and various approaches to effectively engage with companies
What We??re Looking For:
In a nutshell, the right candidate will be one who works well under pressure, thinks out-of-the-box, easily initiates relaxed but informative two-way conversations with companies, and is highly self-motivated. The right candidate will also understand how to assess a company’s needs and cater the communication to each company specifically, to raise awareness on how services and solutions can add value.
- Bachelor??s degree preferred
1-3 years telemarketing and/or commercial experience
- You have a proven track record of meeting goals, daily/weekly/monthly activity goals, research, and planning goals
- A proven track record of strong client relationships
- Excellent client service skills
- Goal and action orientated, with ability to work towards targets
- Experience in dealing with challenging situations, i.e. objection handling and overcoming gatekeepers, and overcome rejection with charisma and courage
- Solid organization, multi-tasking,??and??prioritization??skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written with the ability to engage a senior level audience
- Strong MS office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) skills are required, and any knowledge of CRM databases (such as Salesforce.com) would be advantageous
- Knowledge of the financial industry and/or financial divisions/departments a plus
Collaborative and supportive. You love working with, listening to, and understanding others.
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important??some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research, and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies, and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit: S&P Global Market Intelligence
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person??s ability to perform his or her job.
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to:
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster
describes discrimination protections under federal law.
406 – Entry Professional – Inside Sales (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 40 – Sales (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), SLSINS406 – Entry Professional-Sales (EEO Job Group)