In this role, you will be working within the Data Onboarding & Support team that aims to train and guide data owners / stewards and consumers through the onboarding and governance processes.
- Engaging with senior managers and data owners across the organisation to promote the use of the data fabric and identify key areas of value add.
- Acting as the central point of contact for data owners & stewards, data engineers and product management throughout the producer onboarding process.
- Assist data stewards in analysing new data sources for quality and ease of integration.
- Working closely with the data steward and custodian to ensure data meets consumer requirements.
- Project manage the onboarding process from start to finish for each data producer or consumer, ensuring that business value is realised.
- Develop and document best practice onboarding and governance guidelines for data producers.
- Take a lead in educating and promoting standardization and best practices across the organization.
Understand both producer and consumer requirements and engage with product management & development to incorporate in the data fabric.
What We??re Looking For
- Ability to communicate and present ideas clearly and concisely on all levels.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Very strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills a must.
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or Finance with at least 5 years of professional experience in an analytical data related role.
- Extensive working knowledge of databases and data modelling; Microsoft SQL preferred
- Experience with at least one major cloud provider. AWS and GCP preferred.
- Ability to translate business requirements or logic into technical specifications and/or data structures.
- Experience within data science or data engineering preferred.
- Should be able to mentor and guide more junior team members.
- Proactive, self-starter and motivated – should be able to manage their own workload effectively and drive onboarding projects to completion.
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills
- Agile experience highly desirable.
- Ability to work with various global teams (technical and non-technical), including product management, business, third party data suppliers, data engineering, development and operations.
Fluency in English, spoken and written
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $70,000 to $139,000. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
This role is eligible to receive S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit S&P Benefits
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to:
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster
describes discrimination protections under federal law.
202 – Middle Professional (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 20 – Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), GLDPRO202.1 – Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group)
Virtual, Texas, United States