Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
The Quality Engineering team works in partnership with other Technology Functions and the Business to ensure quality delivery of our products. The team works in an Agile environment and is located globally. The team is independent in driving all decisions and is responsible for continuously improving customer experience, revenue growth and operations enablement through quick turn-around of development of our products with high quality.
As a SDE in Test, you will make a key contribution in building solutions to test applications across Web/Windows/Mobile/API/Services/Mobile platforms and framing efficient data comparison methods. Your challenge will be reducing the ??time to market? for products without compromising quality, by using automation and innovation. You will use a wide range of technologies and have the opportunity to interact with different internal teams.
What??s In It For You
- Working with a team of highly skilled, ambitious and result-oriented professionals.
- Using a wide range of cutting-edge technology to innovate while testing.
- An ever-challenging environment to hone your existing skills in Automation, performance, service layer testing, SQL scripting etc.
- A great opportunity to think and execute like a developer while performing the role of QA.
- Being a part of an organization which values ??Culture of Urgency?? and ??Shift Left?? approaches.
- A plenty of skill building, knowledge sharing, and innovation opportunities.
Building a fulfilling career with a global financial technology company.
- Design and develop automation/performance solutions that meet organization standards and build reliable, reusable and maintainable automated regression suites & test harnesses
- Use tools and frameworks to build automation/performance scripts with quality code to simplify testing scenarios
- Design and develop test plans, test cases based upon functional and design specifications, execute test cases and analyze and report test results to the teams
- Work in partnership with the development teams to deliver business functionality on time with required quality that meets the acceptance criteria
- Reviews and approves the work of project team members in the writing of scripts, expected results, test results and defect descriptions. Ensures standard methodologies are followed and testing activities stay on schedule.
- Participate actively in functional, system and regression testing activities
- Gather quality assurance data and metrics to provide insights and conclusions
Estimate and perform risk analysis for quality delivery
- Acts as a test lead, planning the work of other testing staff and assigning tasks to meet project deadlines.
- Uses strong testing skills to provide guidance and assist project staff
- Focus on building efficient solutions for Web, Services/APIs, Database testing requirements.
- Participate in internal/cross team meetings, project scoping, functional reviews, test specifications, technical reviews for assigned projects in an Agile environment
Involved in requirements review and participate in architecture/design reviews with an emphasis on test automation/performance strategy and ensuring best practices
What We??re Looking For
- 4+ Years of experience (for SDET III) in software testing or development with deep understanding of testing, coding and debugging procedures
- Exposure of Behavior Driven Development (BDD) practices and experience in Agile methodology is highly desirable.
- Experience in performance testing tools like HP LoadRunner/Performance Center/StormRunner, JMeter.
- Strong communication skills and ability to produce clear, concise and detailed documentation
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and technical troubleshooting skills
- Experience with Test Data Management and mapping automated test code coverage
- Experience in developing Test Plans and Test Cases, engage in Exploratory Testing, creating and maintaining Defect Reports
- Experience in programming using Python/C#/Java or other languages
- Exposure to distributed source control systems such as Git
- Experience in design and development of automated tests using automation tools (e.g. Selenium, Appium) across the application layers (UI/Service/Data layers) and root cause analysis
- Experience of testing in CI, DevOps, rolling deployment/upgrade model and is a plus
Experience in advising team to identify automatable test cases at different layers (UI, Services and Data layer tests). Ability to working with developers to build automation/performance friendly code is highly desirable
Nice To Have
- Experience in refactoring and extending test automation/performance frameworks and suites as necessary
- Experience of working with SOAP and REST service and understanding of SOA architecture
- Experience of working with SQL/PL-SQL, writing SQL queries, stored procedures and RDBMS
- Hands on experience on Salesforce or any other CRM is a plus
Demonstrate ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
Bachelor’s or higher qualification in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent is preferred
S&P Global Corporate
At S&P Global, we don’t give you intelligence??we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We’re the world’s foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include S&P Global Ratings, S&P Global Market Intelligence, S&P Dow Jones Indices and S&P Global Platts. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to:
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster
describes discrimination protections under federal law.
IFTECH202.1 – Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group)