S&P Global Commodity Insights
We are a small, highly motivated team in a newly set up division to scale innovation. We use agile methodologies to drive performance and we share and transfer knowledge as well as embracing methods such as pairing or lightning talks to do so. We are always trying to stay ahead of things and try to be ??state-of-the-art? and ??cutting-edge?.
You have the possibility to shape one of the oldest existing industries in one of the largest enterprises in the market. Through active participation in shaping and improving our ways to achieve technical excellence you will drive and improve our business.
What??s In It For You
You will be working within flat hierarchies in a young and dynamic team. You will benefit from a bandwidth of career enhancing opportunities. You have very good opportunities to shape your own working environment in combination with a very good compensation as well as benefits and will experience the advantage of both a big enterprise and a small start-up at the same time. Since the team is fairly small you will benefit from high trust and responsibility given to you. Also you will be a key person to grow our team. You should also be motivated to introduce new innovative processes and tools into an existing global enterprise structure.
- Perform detailed requirements analysis, document processes, define scope and objectives and evaluate business systems and user needs.
- Gathering critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and performing requirements analysis.
- Construct workflow diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications, user guides, training materials, release notes.
- Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement and provide innovative solutions.
- Conducting meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings.
- Ongoing interaction and engagements with Product Owners, stakeholders, and technology partners
Serving as a Business Analyst for Agile Scrum teams
What We??re Looking For
- A minimum of 4 years?? experience in business analysis or a related field.
- The ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions.
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills and be able to explain difficult concepts to non-technical users.
- Excellent planning, organizational, documentation and time management skills.
- Ability to support multiple projects in parallel without guidance.
- Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Ability to work independently with exceptional written and verbal communication, including technical writing skills.
- Experience with data analysis, modeling, and visualization tools like BI, Tableau
- A proven track record of delivering projects in collaborative Agile team environments.
Experience with Agile workflow tools
About S&P Global Platts
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We??re the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to:
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster
describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 – Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH202.1 – Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority ?? Ratings – (Strategic Workforce Planning)