We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic, and skilled Software Developer for Market Intelligence. We strive to deliver solutions that are sector-specific, data-rich, and hyper-targeted for evolving business needs. You will be expected to participate in the design review process, write high-quality code, and work with a dedicated team of QA Analysts, and Infrastructure Teams.
Market Intelligence is seeking a Software Developer to create software design, development, and maintenance for data processing applications. This person would be part of a development team that manages and supports the internal & external applications that support the business portfolio. This role expects a candidate to handle any data processing, big data application development. We have teams made up of people that learn how to work effectively together while working with the larger group of developers on our platform.
What’s In It For You
- A highly technical hands-on role which will help enhance team skills.
- A fast-paced agile environment that deals with huge volumes of data, so you??ll have an opportunity to sharpen your software development and data skills and work on an emerging technology stack.
- Work on Tier-1 applications that are in the critical path for the business.
- Ability to grow within the organization that??s part of the global team.
- Ability to work on cutting edge technologies such as Cloud AWS, NIFI, Data Bricks
- Strong knowledge of .NET
- Familiarity with DevOps CICD pipeline
- Familiarity with Agile and Scrum model
- Successful at prototyping and evaluating technologies
- Strong communication skills
Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git & SVN
What We’re Looking For
- Design and development of applications for S&P Global Market Intelligence Products.
- Build applications with object-oriented concepts, Solid Principles and apply design patterns.
- Participate in multiple software development processes including Coding, Testing, Debugging & Documentation.
- Achieve an understanding of customer environments and their use of the products.
- Work on new initiatives and support existing applications.
- Integrate in-house applications with various vendor software platforms.
- Perform Application & System Performance tuning and troubleshoot performance issues.
- Perform unit testing of application.
Effectively interact with customers, business users and IT staff.
Basic / Preferred Q Ualifications
- 3+ years?? experience in application development, with deep understanding of Design Patterns & Object-oriented programming.
- Strong .NET (C#) and SQL skills
- Proficient with software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies like SAFe, Test-driven development
- Proficiency in the development environment, including IDE, web & application server, GIT, Continuous Integration, unit-testing tool and defect management tools
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with Big Data platforms such as Hadoop and Apache Spark, NiFi
- Experience with stream processing engines like Kafka etc.
- Expertise in building event driven scalable & resilient systems
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of information systems, business processes, the key drivers and measures of success while choosing the proper methodologies and policies to support broad business goals
Excellent communication skills are essential, with strong verbal and writing proficiencies.
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important??some of it is vital.
Accurate, deep, and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research, and news into
tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive
and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals,
government agencies, corporations, and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to
making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential
intelligence for individuals, companies, and governments to make decisions with confidence. For
more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence.
S&P Global has a Securities Disclosure and Trading Policy (??the Policy?) that seeks to mitigate
conflicts of interest by monitoring and placing restrictions on personal securities holding and
trading. The Policy is designed to promote compliance with global regulations. In some Divisions,
pursuant to the Policy??s requirements, candidates at S&P Global may be asked to disclose securities
holdings. Some roles may include a trading prohibition and remediation of positions when there is
an effective or potential conflict of interest. Employment at S&P Global is contingent upon
compliance with the Policy
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to:
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster
describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 – Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH202.1 – Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority ?? Ratings – (Strategic Workforce Planning)