The Market Intelligence RASS business line provides data technology and services supporting acquisition, ingestion, content management, mastering and distribution to power our Financial Institution Group business and customer needs. Focus on platform scale to support business by following a common data lifecycle that accelerates business value. We provide essential intelligence for Financial Services, Real Estate and Insurance industries.
The FIG Data Engineering team will be responsible for implementing & maintaining services and/or tools to support existing feed systems which allows users to consume FIG datasets and make RASS data available to a data fabric for wider consumption and processing within the company.
- Port existing data pipelines and make data available to an internal data fabric.
- Build new data acquisition and transformation pipelines using big data and cloud technologies.
Work with the broader technology team, including information architecture and data fabric teams to align pipelines with the lodestone initiative.
What We??re Looking For
- BS in Computer Science or Engineering with at least 4 years of professional software work experience
- Experience with Big Data platforms such as Apache Hadoop and Apache Spark
- Deep understanding of REST, good API design, and OOP principles
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, C#, Scala, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL) including advanced SQL coding, relational database design, data warehousing
- Experience in maintaining and developing software in production utilizing cloud-based tooling (AWS, Docker & Kubernetes, Okta)
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills with excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Self-starter and motivated with ability to work in a fast-paced software development environment
- Agile experience highly desirable
- Proficiency in the development environment, including IDE, database server, GIT, Continuous Integration, unit-testing tool, and defect management tools
- Basic understanding on software development programming languages like Java, Oracle PL/SQL.
Experience in Snowflake, Databricks will be a big plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to:
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster
describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 – Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH202.1 – Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority ?? Ratings – (Strategic Workforce Planning)