The Career Opportunity
We see this position as evolving over time with the candidate driving new opportunities to expand the services and capabilities of the team. The future is entirely up to us to define and create. In the near term, the candidate will work with business teams to support and mature multiple key ITSM processes as well as work with the business to identify and develop transformative opportunities both for the platform and for how we work.
S&P??s Workplace Services team is committed to providing S&Ps employees with a transformational working environment. As a member of the Workplace Services team you will have the opportunity to have an impact across the entirety of S&P global in modernizing the way we work.
Key Roles / Responsibilities
- As a ServiceNow Developer you will play an important role in driving its strategic direction as well as supporting its continual development and enhancement. You will work within a team of ServiceNow Administrators and Developers. You will also work with our team of Business Analysts, ITSM Process Leads, and other ServiceNow consulting partners.
- The candidate will support the ServiceNow team in the maturation of the ServiceNow platform. The position requires a diverse background in ITSM process and mature ServiceNow implementations. The candidate will partner with our team of Business Analysts and ITSM process leads to strategize, plan, and execute updates ?? both regular and transformative.
- The candidate will assist in all major project initiatives, enhancements, analysis, and day-to-day support.
- This role will require a flexible, agile approach to meet our changing business needs.
- The successful candidate will work within a larger team whose responsibilities include supporting business-as-usual updates, transformational initiatives, and platform health/stability activities with the goal of increasing end-user productivity across S&P globally.
The incumbent will report to the ServiceNow Platform Lead and will be instrumental in helping us to evolve our ServiceNow offerings and provide innovative technical solutions to modernize the end-user experience.
The position involves
- Playing a key role within our ServiceNow development team
- Providing sound/scalable development/configuration recommendations that meet business requirements
- Driving and supporting automated processes within ServiceNow to facilitate efficient business processes
- Working within Agile methodologies
- Integrating with and supporting the QA automation team??s activities
- Partnering with our UX team to drive improvements to the overall user-experience ?? UI, processes, and information architecture
- Keeping abreast with developments in the ServiceNow platform and best practices
- Creating resilient processes and applications that are dependent upon external APIs
Writing and evaluating technical and functional requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering is required, or in lieu, a demonstrated equivalence in work experience
- 4-6 years?? experience in ServiceNow configuration, development, and management
- Hands-on Experience launching and managing multiple ITSM services
- Demonstrable experience piloting and driving new modules and functionality
- Strong Servicenow development and scripting skills
- Demonstrable experience in scoped application development
- Experience with custom layouts using Angular
- Ability to take initiative without explicit direction
Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in a cross-functional and multi-national team across multiple time zones.
Nice To Haves
- CSA, CAD, ITSM, ITIL, HRSD and/or ServiceNow certifications
- Experience with Servicenow upgrades
Ultimately, we are looking for experienced and mature engineers who can partner with us to solve complex business problems and create business potential. Come show us what you??ve done and let??s talk about what we can do together.
Flexible Working (optional)
We pride ourselves on our agility and diversity, and we welcome requests to work flexibly. For most roles, flexible hours and/or an element of remote working are usually possible. Please talk to us at interview about the type of arrangement that is best for you. We will always try to be adaptable wherever we can.
Return to Work
Have you taken time out for caring responsibilities and are now looking to return to work? As part of our Return to Work initiative (link to career site page when available), we are encouraging enthusiastic and talented returners to apply, and will actively support your return to the workplace.
S&P Global Corporate
At S&P Global, we don’t give you intelligence??we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We’re the world’s foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include S&P Global Ratings, S&P Global Market Intelligence, S&P Dow Jones Indices and S&P Global Platts. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to:
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster
describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 – Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH202.1 – Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority ?? Ratings – (Strategic Workforce Planning)