: S&P Global Market Intelligence
Senior Quality Engineer
Quality Engineering team works in partnership with other functions in Technology & the business to deliver quality products by providing software testing services and quality assurance, that continuously improve our customer??s ability to succeed. The team is independent in driving all decisions and is responsible for the architecture, design and quick turnaround in development of our products with high quality. The team is located globally.
You will ensure the quality of our deliverable meets and exceeds the expectations of all stakeholders and evangelize the established quality standards and processes. Your challenge will be reducing the ??the time to market? for products without compromising the quality, by leveraging technology and innovation. These products are directly associated to revenue growth and operations enablement. You strive to achieve personal objectives and contribute to the achievement of team objectives, by working on problems of varying scope where analysis of situations and/or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
What??s In It For You
Do you love working every single day testing enterprise-scale applications that serve a large customer base with growing demand and usage? Be the part of a successful team which works on delivering top priority projects which will directly contribute to Company??s strategy. You will use a wide range of technologies and have the opportunity to interact with different teams internally. You will also get a plenty of learning and skill-building opportunities with participation in innovation projects, training and knowledge sharing. You will have the opportunity to own and drive a project end to end and collaborate with developers, business analysts and product managers who are experts in their domain which can help you to build multiple skillsets.
[Wednesday 8:35 PM] Sethi, Satjit Singh
The FIG QA team is responsible for testing services and/or tools to support existing feed systems which allows users to consume FIG datasets and make RASS data available to a data fabric for wider consumption and processing within the company.
- Working with cross-functional Technology scrum teams: Verify existing data pipelines for accuracy and integrity (source vs. destination), testing new data acquisition and transformation pipelines and ensuring that the data fabric pipelines are in alignment in accordance with the Lodestone initiative.
- Defining quality standards and metrics for the current project / product: Working with all stake holders to ensure that the quality metrics is reviewed, closed and adhered to. Keep raising the bar and standards of all the quality processes for the project on-hand.
Defining Testing Strategies: Planning and scheduling several milestones and tasks. Ensuring all relevant tasks meet quality criteria through test planning, test execution, quality assurance and issue tracking. Continuous focus towards automation along with rigorous manual testing.
What We??re Looking For
- Bachelor’s / PG degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent
- 4+ years of strong experience in QA – DB side testing
- Solid understanding of SQL and relational databases (SQL Server & PostgreSQL)
- Knowledge in Big Data technology such as Apache Hadoop and Apache Spark
- Strong knowledge of SQL, Hive, SparkSQL, and experienced in executing Analytical SQL Hive queries on variety of platforms like HDFS, Postgres, Data bricks etc.
- Experience in writing complex SQL scripts, Stored procedures, Integration packages
- Working knowledge of REST API and OOP principles
- Working knowledge of cloud-based tooling (AWS, Docker & Kubernetes, Okta)
- Experience with cloud-based software change management tools (Azure DevOps & GitHub)
- Develop comprehensive test strategy, test plan and test cases to test big data implementation
- Proficient with software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies like Agile, QA methodologies, Defect management system & documentation
Excellent written and verbal communications skills – Capable of authoring slides for senior management presentations
Nice To Have Qualifications And Skills
- Experience in automation, automation frameworks and automation delivery preferred
- Strong knowledge on coding skills in any programmatic language, preferable Python, C#, Scala etc.
- Experience in Snowflake, Databricks will be a big plus.
Experience working across multiple departments / functions, within a large global corporation, to accomplish goals.
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making. We provide the world??s leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you??ll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape.
S&P Global Market Intelligence partners with customers to broaden their perspective and operate with confidence by bringing them leading data sources and technologies that embed insight in their daily work.
About Company Statement
S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making. We provide the world??s
leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move
ahead. As part of our team, you??ll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments,
and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape.
S&P Global Market Intelligence partners with customers to broaden their perspective and operate with
confidence by bringing them leading data sources and technologies that embed insight in their daily work.
S&P Global Ratings offers critical insights for credit, risk and sustainable finance solutions that are
essential to translating complexity into clarity, so market participants can uncover opportunities.
S&P Global Commodity Insights enables organizations to create long-term, sustainable value with data
and insights for a complete view on the global energy and commodities markets.
S&P Global Mobility turns invaluable insights captured from automotive data to help our clients
understand today??s market, reach more customers, and shape the future of automotive mobility.
S&P Dow Jones Indices provides iconic and innovative index solutions, bringing transparency to global
S&P Global Engineering Solutions solves for tomorrow??s challenges today by transforming workflows
and end-user experiences with data, insights & technology
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to:
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster
describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 – Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH202.1 – Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group)
Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India