- Formulate Sales strategies specific to region – sales growth, adopting/ implementing systems & best practices, distribution, cost reduction, capability building) integrated with Marketing strategies, developing alternative ??ways to market??, taking the region to the next level of execution.
- Ensure Execution of the plans, through his BDM in his area to deliver growth, Geographic Penetration and Spread, Capability building/People Management / Coaching the team
- Support business evolution by developing and executing S&D strategy and execution of retail sales, key accounts and modern trade and implementing regional trade marketing and revenue management agendas.
Strategy and AOP
- Understand the fundamentals of the snack business and build a clear strategic road map for the Region, keeping in mind the longer term strategic directions of the region. This will form the basis of the AOP.
- Build necessary plans to consistently grow shares in each category. Responsible to Drive S&D themes in each of his territories. Accelerate Cost Effective Growth, drive productivity. Achieve volume targets (Month wise/Qtr wise breakup), focus brand & pack targets. Drive ground level marketing initiatives through Marketing.
- Responsible for regional AOP and act as an FPR. Responsible for forecasting (both monthly & quarterly) for his/her Region.
- Provide sales insights to Marketing, Supply Chain and Operations team.
- Support, sponsor roll out and sustain the implementation of Best Practice S&D Tools.
- Develop company??s strategy & policy related to: pricing, line up, credit terms, stock holding, marketing plans, etc. with Commercial Director.
- Maintain physical presence in the market to recognize good performance and highlight areas of improvement.
- Liaise with other departments within the company to ensure that support required to achieve AOP objectives is provided.
- Consistently review the financial impact of all activities & manage within agreed budget.
- Manage and develop logistical requirements such as infrastructure, fleet and customer service effectiveness.
- Contribute to the business review and budget planning for Trade Activities/TPR for the region.
- Ensure the deployment of strategies in a practical manner to the regional sales team.
- Analyze and report competitive activities in his region to the Commercial Director.
- Lead the development of initiatives and concepts needed to maintain PI competitive edge in the region.
- Monitor the regional S&D expenses with clear component.
- Asses the sales staffing and skill requirements. Develop plans to address short and long term HR needs within the region.
- Drive the ??Revenue & Profitability Agenda? in Organized Trade ?? in times when the retail landscape is undergoing a sea change in terms of numbers // volumes. Overall Shares in OT trail fair share ?? given this equation, while we embark on an aggressive share gain agenda, it is critical to keep an eye on profitability, since this channel can be MC dilutive.
- Understanding the Current Status and Defining the Roadmap and Execution Plan for the Desired Status during the Strat Horizon.
- Implement Discount strategy according to competitive environment and MC implications.
- Implement the Retail Margins structure by channel
- Execute and review the process design especially on the risk assessment to prevent any leakage or flaw in execution
- Continuously enhance the process and identify business opportunity in the Selling system to ensure the process could best support the business operation which is growing in both scale and complexity continuously
- Transform opportunities into Plans and Strategies.
Productivity and Financials:
- Distributor/Depot Sales tracking & strategic use of such data, Hub & Spoke Implementation , Tracking of Distributor ROI (Viability) on a regular basis in each of the RSM territories
- Deliver productivity through Discount management, Distributor ROI , Cost/Expense Control Measures,
- Recognize market forces and trends very quickly in the assigned region and bring in the necessary level of dynamism to execute the AOP.
- Develop team capabilities to address channel partner stability related issues by evolving alternate GTM mechanisms and also by addressing core issues related to restructured margins, especially in light of the emerging opportunities available for channel partners.
- Activity around focus brand & pack to improve Market Share in each of the AM territories, Rack productivity. Drive corporate / regional marketing agenda with local promotions
- Ensure that the NPD agenda is successfully launched. Establish high levels of execution at all market locations
- Engage in constant monitoring of all competitive activities.
- Improve existing organizational sales processes through detailed analysis of data and sharing of the same at different forums at the region
- Institute regular review mechanisms at different levels to revisit the progress on the priorities set out at the beginning of the year
- Facilitate KAM in leading Go to Market Strategy & tactics for Key Accounts, Modern Trade and Institutional Selling.
- Develop insights / fact based proposals with KAM for new business opportunities..
- Establish a strong PSP relationship based on high frequency store visits and monthly P&L review meetings with customers.
- Prepare rolling forecasts for volume and raw material planning.
- Lead and develop the team??s field and execution skills.
Trade Marketing Strategy Implementation
- Implement Trade Marketing Road map developed by Sales Dev. Manager dedicating sufficient resources to ensure execution excellence
- Execute and manage the Trade Promotion & Trade Marketing Investment strategy at the regional level
- Cascade the outlet base that FLP is servicing into trade Channels.
- Execute core in-store strategies for the Trade Channels.
- Facilitate the Trade Marketing team in development of AOP through regular feeding of numbers and market updates.
- Support the execution of Price/Pack Strategy for all Channels & focus on Revenue Management initiatives.
Sales Capability Development
- Execute capability calendar for regional FLP & distributor sales team developed by SDM.
- Identify & Build Understanding of the Sales Coaching modules from different PepsiCo markets which can be suitable for FLP sales team regionally.
- Execute Capability Development Module which supports in the achievement of Business Goals & Employees Skill Development developed by the Sales Dev. team.
- Execute field training agenda to ensure regular coaching of TSOs & DSRs, conduct refreshers regularly.
- Execution of Snacks Sales Academy to operate as per PepsiCo Academy Standards.
- Execution of all new distributors JD and coaching all of them to improve FLP business efficiencies.
- Execute the functional capability map of all TSOs.
- Ensure systems/tools and data availability to follow-up the results (especially for initiatives) and place corrective actions, if needed.
- Manage internal customer relationships within the organization by displaying an ability to understand perspectives of other functions
- Establish remediation strategies to address internal miscommunication issues and either redefine roles or reset expectations between marketing, finance, sales, supply chain, HR and operations
- Work towards building trust across all employees in the system by living and promoting the company values
- Ensure very high level of mentorship for all DRs by engaging actively with them on operational issues and providing the necessary coaching inputs for enhanced delivery of objectives on both BR and PR.
- Partner with Sales HR and drive People Core People Processes across the team
- -Own the frontline functional skill development and Development Action Plan for 2nd level supervisors by partnering and Coordinating with Regional Trainer & National training manager on training needs of the team
Ensure Compliance with Controls Policies and Procedures
- Assist Process Owner during benchmarking of KC1, KC 11 & KC16 process & timely close the gaps identified by developing/modifying test scripts in order to mitigate emerging risks & improve controls effectiveness
EXPERIENCE / COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
Knowledge/Skill Experience Competencies
- Masters in Business Administration
- Very Good English speaking skills
- Strong computer skills (Word, excel, powerpoint, outlook crucial)
- Thinking Skills (Trend, data, events analysis to draw sound conclusions)
- 8-10 years of experience
- Manage front-line performers
- Have financial responsibilities
- Develop, Execute and operate business strategies
- Results Driven (results based on specific efficiency and productivity KPIs within predefined time frames)
- Planning & Organising (Multiple priority management)
- Customer Focus (Service to sales concept)
- Leading and Motivating Others (Creating enthusiasm, inspire positice attitude, desire to succeed)
- Developing and Supporting The Team (Actively improves others?? skills, cooperate effectively, diplomatic conflict handler)
- Pesuasive Communication (Clear, fluenti concise communicaiton, gaining agreement and commitment)
- Integrity (Mutual trust, consistent with company ethics and values)