National Foods Limited
Implement the organization’s R&D strategy by managing research activities in order to solve problems; and/ or generate new products, systems and processes. Modify the existing products and improve process by reducing waste and modernization of methods for the overall growth and prosperity of the company.
- Manage the day to day activities of a team of research officers whose activities may include devising research methods; setting-up laboratory test equipment; building models and prototypes; calculating and analysing test results; preparing technical specifications; and designing prototypes of new products and/ or line extensions, existing products and validation of processes for local & international markets.
- Lead the most complex, controversial or significant research projects; evaluate findings; and prepare detailed reports with recommendations and conclusions.
- Estimate the costs, resources, and time required to implement the organisation’s annual R&D goals and monitor the performance of research projects to ensure targets are met.
- Establish and maintain ongoing relationships with the external scientific community.
- Select, and manage ongoing relationships with suppliers and vendors (for example of scientific equipment) to ensure the organisation receives satisfactory standards of service.
- Lead, direct, evaluate, and develop a research team to ensure that research is conducted within established budgets and according to established scientific standards.
- Handle complaints from internal & external customers pertaining to product quality, BOMs & materials.
- Manage institutional sales and food sector activities for key business accounts in order to maintain key businesses.
Bachelor/Master Degree, preferably in Food Technology/ Food Sciences
Minimum 6 – 8 years of work experience in the R&D department/Recipe Development of Food Production company. Expert knowledge of food nutrition and Health & wellness is preferable.