Lahore University of Management Sciences
The incumbent will primarily be acting as a proposal writer and commercialization specialist for the Office of Research, LUMS. The role involves writing academic proposals seeking funding from national/international donors and facilitating OR in the commercialization activities of the research outcome.
- Coordination with the Principal Investigators (PI) and donor bodies in writing / editing / improving proposals seeking external funding.
- Provide support in the drafting of Technical & Financial Proposals. Align work packages with the budget and overall project scope. Ensure adherence to LUMS Policies & donor guidelines. Suggest improvements in proposals, considering specific requirements for each donor. The activity may include preparing budgets for the applicants on a case-to-case basis.
- Prepare business plans for the proposed research outcome. Coordinate with the legal team of OR for projects that may have a potential for commercialization.
- Compiling documents, undertaking all the necessary groundwork after understanding donor requirements, establishing cross-departmental synergies, and identifying suitable resources. Coordinate with other departments and arrange all Organization related supporting documentation, required for proposal submission.
- Assist in conducting training sessions related to proposal preparation
- Communicating project-related progress/concerns with the relevant faculty members and stakeholders.
- Active coordination with the PIs in understanding the final research outcome, preparing the content, and sharing it with the stakeholders.
- Extracting data and compiling research-related information in MS Excel for the consumption of stakeholders.
- Identification of suitable industry partners and pitching product/service ideas for mutual collaboration.
- Preparing brochures, informative material, and dissemination of research outcomes.
- Preparation of executive-level presentations and reports for stakeholders.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of Project Management practices is a must.
- Budgeting experience
- Donor agencies?? Relationship Management
- Effective interpersonal communication skills
- Presentation skills
- Excellent analytical abilities and grip on MS Excel
- Ability to work under strict deadlines and manage multiple assignments concurrently
- Team player
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in a relevant field from an HEC-recognized institution.
- At least 3-4 years of relevant post-qualification experience.
If you believe you meet the essential criteria mentioned above, please apply through our recruitment portal. Only qualified candidates will move ahead in the application process.
What We Offer:
A Learning Ecosystem
LUMS offers a dynamic work culture that encourages learning and innovation, skills development, and contribution to areas beyond your job role. You will have the opportunity to learn and interact with the best academic minds in Pakistan, as well as to work with highly experienced professionals.
We believe in the pursuit of knowledge, provide the freedom to explore across different disciplines and value the diverse expression of all community members for mutual learning and advancement.
LUMS offers competitive benefits to its academic and professional colleagues including Provident Fund, Group Life Insurance, EOBI for Pension Scheme, Outpatient medical coverage for self and family, and In-patient Health Insurance for self, spouse, and dependent children.
The LUMS campus offers all the facilities and amenities of a world-class university, including a Sports Complex offering international standard courts for badminton, squash, tennis, basketball and volleyball, a FINA certified 25M swimming pool, and separate gyms for women and men. In addition to the LUMS Dining Center, there is a variety of eateries across campus offering popular cuisines, a breath-taking mosque, a medical center, the LUMS Library, car parking as well as transport facilities for females, and a professionally run Day Care Center for children of community members.
LUMS also provides a wide range of corporate discounts and internal educational discounts to its community as a token of each member??s value to our community. Our internal educational discounts include waiver of undergraduate tuition fees of employees?? children studying at LUMS, scholarships for master??s programs in several schools, and executive development programs offered by the nationally recognized Rausing Executive Development Center (REDC).
You will be requested to submit proof of vaccination during advanced stages of the process as Campus entry is restricted to fully vaccinated individuals. During a Covid-19 lockdown, you may be required to work from home, which will require you to create a suitable work environment for yourself (internet connectivity, an environment that supports your productivity at home per your own preferences and working style, setting your own work-hours, etc.).
LUMS is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive workplace for all our employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, caste, ethnicity, age, non-disqualifying physical or psychological disability or social status. Candidates belonging to minority groups are encouraged to apply.