Lahore University of Management Sciences
The position is responsible for the operation, organization, and upkeep of the clean room facility in the Central Lab – SBASSE (Syed Babar Ali School of Science and Engineering).
- Day-to-day supervision of the operations in the clean room.
- Maintenance and upkeep of the facilities within the clean room.
- Training of students and researchers of the school on the equipment within the clean room.
- Maintenance of detailed records of the chemicals and materials in the clean room.
- Budgeting and purchasing of the chemicals used in the clean room.
- Yearly budgeting of the Central Lab in coordination with the rest of the lab staff.
Supporting the research of the school faculty.
Knowledge And Skills
- Knowledge of optical lithography and device fabrication
- Knowledge of growth and characterization of thin films
- Experience in materials handling
- Understanding of basic materials physics and materials engineering
- Good communication and management skills
- Organization and planning skills
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Initiative and drive
To qualify for the role, you must have
- At least a master??s degree from an HEC recognized institute in Physics, Material Science/Engineering, or Electrical Engineering.
At least 1 year of prior experience working in a cleanroom.
If you believe that you meet the essential criteria mentioned above, please apply through our recruitment portal. Only qualified candidates will move ahead in the application process.
What We Offer
If you believe you meet the essential criteria mentioned above, please apply through our recruitment portal. Only qualified candidates will move ahead in the application process.
A Learning Ecosystem
LUMS offers a dynamic work culture that encourages learning and innovation, skills development, and contribution to areas beyond your job role. You will have the opportunity to learn and interact with the best academic minds in Pakistan, as well as to work with highly experienced professionals.
We believe in the pursuit of knowledge, provide the freedom to explore across different disciplines and value the diverse expression of all community members for mutual learning and advancement.
LUMS offers competitive benefits to its academic and professional colleagues including Provident Fund, Group Life Insurance, EOBI for Pension Scheme, Outpatient medical coverage for self and family, and In-patient Health Insurance for self, spouse, and dependent children.
The LUMS campus offers all the facilities and amenities of a world-class university, including a Sports Complex offering international standard courts for badminton, squash, tennis, basketball and volleyball, a FINA certified 25M swimming pool, and separate gyms for women and men. In addition to the LUMS Dining Center, there is a variety of eateries across campus offering popular cuisines, a breath-taking mosque, a medical center, the LUMS Library, car parking as well as transport facilities for females, and a professionally run Day Care Center for children of community members.
LUMS also provides a wide range of corporate discounts and internal educational discounts to its community as a token of each member??s value to our community. Our internal educational discounts include waiver of undergraduate tuition fees of employees?? children studying at LUMS, scholarships for master??s programs in several schools, and executive development programs offered by the nationally recognized Rausing Executive Development Center (REDC).
You will be requested to submit proof of vaccination during advanced stages of the process as Campus entry is restricted to fully vaccinated individuals. During a Covid-19 lockdown, you may be required to work from home, which will require you to create a suitable work environment for yourself (internet connectivity, an environment that supports your productivity at home per your own preferences and working style, setting your own work-hours, etc.).
LUMS is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive workplace for all our employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, caste, ethnicity, age, non-disqualifying physical or psychological disability or social status. Candidates belonging to minority groups are encouraged to apply.