This Job??s purpose is to mainly provide extensive day to day support to Business and assist GM Corporate Legal on all Corporate and Commercial matters along with providing support on important Litigation Matters.
1. Hands on experience in independently handling commercial / technical Contracts, Agreements and other legal documents i.e. MoU, Affidavits, Out of court settlements, NDA??s, Leases/Sub-leases, Tenancy agreements, etc.
2. Experienced enough to independently draft, review and assist internal stakeholder on all legal documents. Also be able to comfortably negotiate all legal documents with external parties/vendors along with business.
3. Experienced enough to independently carry out proper due diligence of any new business project, initiative or idea and accordingly highlight all legal requirements/concerns/exposure under the applicable laws, rules and regulations enabling business to make decisions.
4. Hand on experience in research and drafting of opinions, should be able to quickly carry out proper research on any legal issue or matter whether in litigation or otherwise (queries/issues raised by internal stakeholders) and also be able to promptly assist business on day to day queries under various laws.
5. Generally should have good drafting/negotiating skills and be able to coordinate with internal stakeholders (concerned departments) and accordingly prepare draft replies and/or other correspondence with authorities/external stakeholders etc.
6. Having experience in assisting on Corporate matters arising under the Companies Ordinance 1984 (Now the Companies Act, 2017) and Code of Corporate Governance. Should be able to assist in queries/correspondence on regulatory matters with/from Security Exchange Commission of Pakistan (SECP).
7. Having experience in dealing with Intellectual Property (trademarks, patents, etc) matters/litigation.
8. Preferred experience in assisting/dealing with regulatory matters/queries pertaining to NEPRA, Ministry of Water & Power, PPIB, SBP, FBR, IR, etc.
9. Preferred experience in Taxation laws i.e. Income Tax, Federal Excise, Sales Tax, etc.
10. Well versed with litigation process/documentation (Civil, Criminal, IP & Corporate) preferably having lower and high court exposure.
REQUIRED LEVEL OF EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION
The preferred experience level should be 5-7 years (PQE) with relevant exposure under similar environment in terms of work-load. Preference will be given to candidates having experience on in-house roles or working with top tier corporate law firms.
The candidate should be Graduate or Master??s in law.