Note: Through proactive pipelining, we are collecting profiles for upcoming future roles and you will be only contacted if your profile is shortlisted for this role which may not be currently open.
Location: HQ, Islamabad
What is Data Scientist?
The role reports directly to the Data Science Practice Lead. You will be part of a 10-member passionate team of Data Scientists working under the Data and Strategy Division.
What does a Data Scientist do?
We, as a team, are involved with multiple internal & external stakeholders to deliver value to our customers by identifying hidden patterns, predicting subscriber activity, or developing affinities within our customer base. This is an opportunity to become part of the biggest data science team in the telecom industry of Pakistan and learn from some of the best industry experts in the field.
Jazz is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate, support, and thrive on diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
What are we looking for and what does it require to be a Data Scientist?
We are looking for someone with at least two years’ of strong data science background, preferably in the telecom sector. The candidate must have the following:
- Knowledge of data analysis, statistical modelling, and data mining (required)
- Expertise in predictive modelling techniques using python or R language
- Candidate should be able to perform segmentation (Behavioral, usage, lifetime etc.) of subscribers
- Candidate will be working on different data science use cases like Product Affinity, Churn, Data Monetization etc.
- Candidate will be required to be an enthusiastic and thoughtful communicator and collaborator with the tech and non-tech teams alike. The ability to explain, clarify and synthesize complex projects and concepts for a wide-ranging audience is critical, both in verbal and written format.
- Experience with Teradata and Data Warehousing concepts is a plus
- Experience with Data Visualization & Communication through data visualization tools and packages like matplotlib, ggplot, d3.js. or Tableau
Why join Jazz?
As one of the leading employers in the country, Jazz epitomizes the philosophy that each Jazz employee is passionately living a better every day inspired and enabled by visionary leadership, a unique professional culture, a flourishing lifestyle, and continuous learning and development.
Our core values include qualities essential for a positive organizational culture – truthfully guiding entrepreneurial and innovative mindsets, harnessing professional and interpersonal collaboration, and fostering across-the-board customer-obsession.
As one of the largest private sector organizations in Pakistan, our objective is to continue to change the lives of our 75 million customers for the better. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something transformative, someone who can play a critical role in driving our success. Together, we can empower millions more with the tools necessary to progress in an increasingly digital economy.