Grade Level: L2
Last date to apply: 3rd February 2023
What is Expert QA Engineer?
Expert QA engineer is responsible for complete quality assurance for Jazz Cash Merchant and Consumer Ecosystem which encompasses not only the testing of new features but also ensuring backward compatibility and providing extended support to reproduce and debug issues in existing features. In addition, the role involves ensuring that delivery is in line with the non-functional requirements and is supporting required capacity. This role needs to provide guidance and intelligent support to the team, ensuring 360 Degrees analysis of possible test scenarios, automation scripting for mobile app testing and should be able to support RCA for any bugs and issues encountered.
The role reports directly to the Manager Application Design
What Expert QA Engineer does?
- Makes Test plans for each test environment highlighting any dependencies to ensure testing activities adhere with sprint plans.
- Perform Quality Assurance testing for Jazz Cash Consumer and Merchant mobile Apps for iOS, HMS and Android platforms.
- Automation testing for Jazz Cash Mobile Apps and USSD along with scripting as well as generating regular reports.
- Ensuring Automation testing integrated with CI/CD pipelines.
- Monitoring and Limiting App Crash Ratio below the KPI percentage.
- Automation of Monitoring scripts and generate dashboard reports to keep a check on App performance.
- Develops testcases encompassing all possible test scenarios and brain storm on corner cases to ensure 100 % test coverage and bug free delivery.
- Stress Testing to ensure capacity Requirements.
- Ensures backward compatibility.
- Conducts UAT and SIT sessions and conducting demo sessions with business.
- Go Live planning, regression, sanity and activity support.
- Provides analysis of any issues / bugs/ degradation occurring on Live or test environments.
Jazz is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate, support, and thrive on diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
What are we looking for and what does it require to be Expert QA Engineer?
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Engineering or IT.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Mobile & Web Application Testing.
- Experience of working in FinTech in QA and development roles.
- At least 1-year experience in Mobile Automation Testing.
- Strong Analytical Skills and understanding of FinTech architecture to provide RCA for issues, conduct intelligent reporting and ensuring 100 % scenario coverage in test cases & test plans.
- Experience of working with AWS or IBM Cloud Stack, Kubernetes, Mongo DB and ELK / EFK frameworks.
- Should be a team player, taking ownership of assigned projects understanding business pain points and working amicably under pressure.
- Should be good at multitasking and prioritizing relevant actions in order to prioritize the burning items for business.
- Thorough understanding of Microservices based architecture in cloud-based environment and its related technologies.
- Good presentation skills to interact with business for UATs and demo sessions.
- Thorough hands-on experience on JMeter, Selenium, Appium, Allure and Robotic Framework.
- Hands-on experience on ELK stack and Mixpanel.
- At least 3 years’ experience of working in an agile scrum-based team.
- Hands-on Experience of API testing as well as stress testing.
Why Join Jazz?
As one of the leading employers in the country, Jazz epitomizes the philosophy that each Jazz employee is passionately living a better every day inspired and enabled by visionary leadership, a unique professional culture, a flourishing lifestyle, and continuous learning and development.
Our core values include qualities essential for a positive organizational culture – truthfully guiding entrepreneurial and innovative mindsets, harnessing professional and interpersonal collaboration, and fostering across-the-board customer-obsession.
As one of the largest private sector organizations in Pakistan, our objective is to continue to change the lives of our 75 million customers for the better. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something transformative, someone who can play a critical role in driving our success. Together, we can empower millions more with the tools necessary to progress in an increasingly digital economy.