Grade Level: L3
Last date to apply: 8th February, 2023
What is Senior Legal Counsel Regulatory Litigation?
This position provides legal support and advisory to all internal stakeholders at Jazz; strategies, manages and ensures timely responses/resolution of legal notices/show cause notices/ consumer complaints to avoid any penalties/court actions against the organization; coordinates with relevant departments/legal counsels and formulates appropriate legal course of action for resolution of any legal issues/regulatory & commercial cases.
This position requires a confident individual who can manage to maintain discreet information as well as be an effective written and verbal communication. This senior middle management role is where all levels of management look to for guidance and relevant information mostly on an ad hoc/ urgent basis. This position is a key individual requiring extensive stakeholder management skills as providing high level legal opinions are one of the core responsibilities of this position.
The role reports directly to Head of Tax, Corporate & Regulatory Litigation.
What does Senior Legal Counsel Regulatory do?
- Understands Regulatory and Commercial litigation issues and disposal targets received from management.
- Develops legal strategy to mitigate any and all risks to business
- Coordinates with relevant teams to analyze and review legal notices, authority notices, appearance before Legal forums, where needed, etc.
- Liaises with legal counsels to formulate effective and appropriate legal course of action as per feedback to timely and effectively resolve new as well as pending litigation court cases.
- Manages day to day case activities i.e. ensures written replies are sent timely by relevant teams, handle evidence, monitor argument stage etc.
- Reviews and analyses final verdict of court to identify if any further course of action is required or not.
- Ensures timely response to legal notices received from different authorities through appropriate litigation strategy.
- Prepares and maintains records of all new and pending legal cases inclusive of hearing records, proceedings, notices, legal counsel engaged etc. in online portal regularly and develops case reports accordingly.
- Maintains documents of court cases, legal notices, replies, complaints etc. in hard or soft copy (as required); shares with relevant stakeholders as and when required.
- Develops reports of litigation as well as significant cases on periodic basis and shares with supervisor to provide visibility.
- Provides appropriate legal advisory to internal departments i.e. HR, Technical, Operations etc. as required.
- Provides physical support to relevant stakeholders in handling different disputes by mediating and conducting meetings with both parties and ensures an out of court settlement.
- Collaborates with external/internal lawyers to represent internal stakeholders in courts as and when required.
- Coordinates with lawyers to conduct research on different cases, legislations etc. and formulates an appropriate strategy accordingly; shares strategy and other details based on research conducted with supervisor, explains rationale behind it and seeks related approvals for implementation of the same.
- Receives special tasks/assignments from supervisor/management regarding gathering of relevant litigation information, job reduction activities, review reported environmental complaints, PTA related complaints etc.
Jazz is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate, support, and thrive on diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
What are we looking for and what does it require to be Senior Legal Counsel Regulatory Litigation?
- LLB or LLM with 8-10 years of experience in legal/ litigation and Regulatory field.
- Detailed knowledge of courts/ litigation procedures as well as processes or working of regulatory authorities of Pakistan.
- Deep knowledge of Telecommunication related laws.
- In-depth knowledge of conduct of cases.
- Expert at drafting of legal documentation/opinions.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal and presentation).
- Negotiation skills.
- Conflict management.
- Teamwork and collaboration.
- Analytical skills.
- Detail and result oriented, persistent, confident, adaptable and positive attitude.
- Energetic and positive attitude with an inclination towards constant learning
Why Join Jazz?
As one of the leading employers in the country, Jazz epitomizes the philosophy that each Jazz employee is passionately living a better every day inspired and enabled by visionary leadership, a unique professional culture, a flourishing lifestyle, and continuous learning and development.
Our core values include qualities essential for a positive organizational culture – truthfully guiding entrepreneurial and innovative mindsets, harnessing professional and interpersonal collaboration, and fostering across-the-board customer-obsession.
As one of the largest private sector organizations in Pakistan, our objective is to continue to change the lives of our 75 million customers for the better. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something transformative, someone who can play a critical role in driving our success. Together, we can empower millions more with the tools necessary to progress in an increasingly digital economy.