HBL - Habib Bank Limited
HBL continues to grow and demonstrate its investment in technology, processes, and people. We are seeking to onboard a dedicated
Head of Testing
to ensure test ownership, management, and drive across technology services. This role will also include non-business facing projects covering technical and infrastructure related change management. Responsible to govern quality standards, adherence of project and releases across platforms, to ensure established quality goals and objectives are met. Defining an effective test strategy for HBL??s major initiatives and play a key role in building out our frameworks, tools, and utilities to support testing and accelerated test execution. A focus area will be required to provide research, analysis, design, execution, maintenance and/or support of testing solutions that are appropriate to the application architecture.
- In-charge of the planning, monitoring, and control?ÿof the testing activities and tasks.
- Manage the build out and ongoing operations of our newly established ??Testing Centre of Excellence??, including but not limited to human resources and budget.
- Escalate and oversee test issues for resolution.
- Regulate and monitor adopted testing methodology usage.
- Assist in establishing, rolling out, and maintaining Service-Level Agreements (SLA).
- Provide SLA knowledge to business units.
- Ensure the testing organization has clearly defined roles and responsibilities for each member of the team and a well-defined career path. KPI??s to be defined based on grading, role and skill set.
- Measure and communicate the testing team’s return on investment. How effective is testing within our organization??ÿFor example, if the detected defect would have reached the field, what would have been the cost?
- Champion modern software quality processes and how we can leverage best-in-class practices.
- Lead, coach, and demonstrate hands-on pairing of the delivery teams and platform testing teams where required.
- Work with platform testing / development teams on end-to-end design solutions to testing problems by applying contextually relevant processes and tools/technology.
- Coaching and mentoring the platform test managers to achieve their strategic quality goals by providing the appropriate technical support through standardizing testing approaches and tools across HBL.
- Build test frameworks and utilities to speed up test execution and increase test coverage.
- Set up, maintain, and build test automation tools on multiple application platforms, such as Mobile, Desktop, and Web.
- Build automated dashboards and monitoring tools using AI and ML.
- Work with platform teams, resolve issues for systems, coordinating on product design, and offering inputs on the testability of functional elements and product designs.
- Research test tools, methodologies, and trends and upgrading existing practices and processes.
- Pro-actively seek to make continuous improvements to organisations over all quality of deliverables by improving test coverage, testing tools, frameworks, execution, and test automation, etc.
- Work with Enterprise Architecture team to standardise testing, enable the adoption of the tools and best practices across other platforms as relevant.
- Experience with AI and ML technologies.
- Experience in test automation and developing automation frameworks from scratch.
- Expert knowledge of continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Testing (CT) to streamline QA processes (Git, Maven, Gradle, Jenkins, Bamboo or similar)..
- Good experience with SDLC practices of Agile, Behavioural and Test-Driven Development (Lean, Scrum, XP or similar)
- Experience in the field of financial/banking applications testing and testing on large complex projects/programmes as a lead or manager.
- Strong technical knowledge ?? able to code in one or more scripting language.
- Experience automating testing in multiple technologies ?? Mainframe, web, Java, Python.
- Experience of using and implementing a variety of test tools, including tools for test management / planning, defect tracking, test automation, test data management.
- Experience of functional and non-functional test analysis.
- Thorough knowledge and proven experience in deploying testing tools.
- Negotiating skills and the ability to influence technical specialists and the business system users, strong stakeholder management skills.
- The ability to build and maintain effective working relationships within IT Services and Banking.
MBA/MS Degree in any a relevant technology or development field
Minimum 15 years of experience with 10 years focused on testing at different grades within large organizations.
Location: Karachi / Islamabad / Lahore (if you are willing to relocate then please apply)