Founded in 2015, Daraz is South Asia??s leading e-commerce platform in Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Nepal and Myanmar. It empowers more than 100,000 active sellers with world-class marketplace technology to reach the fast-growing consumer class in a region of 500 million people. Through Daraz Express and Daraz Pay, it operates the most efficient and digitalised logistics and payments infrastructure in its markets. Daraz?? vision is to be a champion of South Asia serving 100 million customers and businesses by 2030.
For more information, please visit www.daraz.com
Your role is to:
- Effective Operational Management of a holding companies which includes equity funding, central payments, intercompany transactions etc.
- Ensure statutory compliances in terms of audit, company regulations, taxation by maintaining and following up the compliance calendar.
- Monitor treasury operations by ensuring implementation and adoption of best practices and controls across the group with collaboration of local teams.
- Ensure timely and accurate monthly closings and reporting of holding companies.
- Effective and timely communication with relevant stakeholders (vendors, management, consultants, cost owners)
- Develop SOPs and process documentations for holding companies
- Review contracts, agreements and proposals for onboarding new vendors/consultants
- Analyze costs variances based on business reasons and feedbacks from cost owners.
A bit about you:
Degree in relevant fields such as Business, Accounting, Finance, and/or ACCA.
2+ years of relevant experience – a background in tech startups is preferred;
What we offer:
- International working environment in a start-up setting, and a unique opportunity to learn from the best in e-commerce (Alibaba Group) and business growth.
- A platform to learn from Alibaba??s world-leading ecosystem
- Rigorous training and exposure in team management, leadership, business analytics, and operations.
- An opportunity to train the next generation of business leaders in the ??tech?? industry.
- Competitive salary and incentive package
- Health & life insurance
- Relocation support (if applicable)