Founded in 2015, Daraz is South Asia??s leading e-commerce platform in Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Nepal and Myanmar. It empowers more than 100,000 active sellers with world-class marketplace technology to reach the fast-growing consumer class in a region of 500 million people. Through Daraz Express and Daraz Pay, it operates the most efficient and digitalised logistics and payments infrastructure in its markets. Daraz?? vision is to be a champion of South Asia serving 100 million customers and businesses by 2030.
For more information, please visit www.daraz.com
Your role is to:
- Effective Operational Management which includes equity funding, central payments, intercompany transactions etc.
- Ensure statutory compliances in terms of audit, company regulations, taxation by
- Maintain and follow up the compliance calendar for holding companies
- Ensure timely and accurate monthly closings and reporting of Holdcos
- Effective and timely communication with relevant stakeholders (vendors, management, consultants, cost owners)
- Develop SOPs and process documentations for holding companies
- Review contracts, agreements and proposals for onboarding new vendors/consultants.
- Analyze costs variances based on business reasons and feedbacks from cost owners.
- Manage and monitor implementation of Treasury policies across the group and ensuring that treasury activities of Group are aligned with the policy scope.
- Analyze financial activities to derive short-term and long-term treasury strategies for managing group funds, maximizing investment yields while maintaining liquidity.
- Manage the monthly treasury reporting of group which includes updates regarding new added
- FIs, monthly bank reconciliations, investment plans, FIs ratings and industry positions etc.
- Liaise with ERP team to optimize the treasury functions with the help of automation and system-solutions
- Be a Daraz POC to represent Treasury group processes and functions to shareholders.
A bit about you:
- Good Interpersonal Skills and proven record of problem-solving skills
- Strong Communication and coordination skills, with proven track record in executing and implementing new initiatives while working in diverse multi-functional teams
- Ability to absorb large quantities of detail & volume of information
- A degree in Accountancy or relevant qualification ACCA/CIMA/CPA, MBA from top business school will be an advantage
What we offer:
- International working environment in a start-up setting, and a unique opportunity to learn from the best in e-commerce (Alibaba Group) and business growth.
- A platform to learn from Alibaba??s world-leading ecosystem with regular visits to China and South East Asia.
- Rigorous training and exposure in team management, leadership, business analytics, and operations.
- An opportunity to train the next generation of business leaders in the ??tech?? industry.
- Competitive salary and incentive package