Founded in 2015, Daraz is South Asia’s leading e-commerce platform in Pakistan, Srilanka, Bangladesh, Nepal and Myanmar with Regional offices in Singapore and Dubai. It empowers more than 100,000 active sellers with world-class marketplace technology to reach the fast-growing consumer class in a region of 500 million people. Through Daraz Express and Daraz Pay, it operates the most efficient and digitalised logistics and payments infrastructure in its market. Daraz’ vision is to be a champion of South Asia serving 100 million customers and businesses by 2030.
For more information, please visit www.daraz.com
- Provide in-depth analytics for the e-commerce business stitching together data from multiple sources including customer events, app traffic, paid marketing, inventory etc.
- Develop new insights and analysis that help in growing and optimizing the business.
- Build comprehensive data driven frameworks and associated dashboards to aid in decision making.
- Work with stakeholders to solve business problems with data analysis.
- Take end to end ownership of key data science projects: identifying problems, gathering and cleaning data, exploratory analysis, build models and provide insightful recommendations.
- Implement good data practices of documentation, versioning, play books and maintaining standard business logics.
- Automate work as much as possible.
- Undergraduate / Master??s degree in business / Management Science / STEM fields.
- 3-5 years of experience in an analytics role.
- Advanced knowledge of database querying / SQL and hands-on with Excel.
- Experience of using Python / R for analysis and data science models.
- Experience of using business intelligence and visualization tools.
- Good understanding of mathematics and statistics behind data models.
- Excellent communication and storytelling skills: experience in synthesizing and communicating data clearly.
- Self-starter: you have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment;
- Problem solver: you have a talent for synthesising complex projects, can independently translate high-level goals into actionable plans, and enjoy implementing processes;
- Fast learner: you can ramp from being familiar to being an expert in a matter of days;
- Entrepreneurial: you crave responsibility and want to shape the vision and direction of the company. You??re comfortable owning a P&L;
- Owner: you??re always looking for opportunities to better your work product and own the outcome ?? both the good and the bad;
- Relationship-builder: You can influence and motivate people without authority, at all levels across a variety of job functions;
Importantly, we look for someone who will live by the values that define everything we do:
- Continuously Innovative
- Generosity of Spirit
- Deliver on our Promise
- Make It Personal
What we offer:
- The international working environment in a start-up setting, and a unique opportunity to learn from the best in e-commerce (Alibaba Group) and business growth.
- A platform to learn from Alibaba??s world-leading ecosystem.
- Rigorous training and exposure in team management, leadership, business analytics, and operations.
- An opportunity to train the next generation of business leaders in the ??tech?? industry.
Competitive salary and incentive package.