We are looking for a talented individual to join our team in the role of a Senior Database Administrator who will focus improving the efficiency and performance of our data infrastructure, largely implemented in MySQL. This candidate must have strong analysis and troubleshooting skills with experience supporting enterprise class applications and infrastructure. Strong experience with open source technologies is required.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Design and implement effective database solutions and models to store and retrieve company data.
- Examine and identify database structural necessities by evaluating client operations, applications, and programming.
- Develop and oversee periodic maintenance plans ensuring health and performance of data infrastructure
- Assess database implementation procedures to ensure they comply with internal and external regulations.
- Provide operational support for production and non-production data infrastructure, including but not limited to MySQL, MS SQL, DynamoDB, etc.
- Prepare accurate database design, models, and architecture reports for engineering, management, and executive teams.
- Design and oversee the migration and replication of data between systems.
- Monitor the system performance by performing regular tests, troubleshooting, and integrating new features.
Participate in release process to develop and execute SQL scripts related to product releases.
- Recommend solutions to improve new and existing database systems.
- Develop and enforce database development standards
- Develop reports for the business as needed utilizing SQL scripts, PowerBI, etc.
- Educate staff members through training and individual support.
- Offer support by responding to system problems in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or relevant field.
- 8+ years experience working with database systems
- 5+ years experience working with MySQL
- 5+ years experience writing SQL functions, procedures, and complex queries
- Expert knowledge of database structure systems including schema design
- Strong experience analyzing and resolving MySQL performance issues in the data layer
- Prior demonstrated experience with ETL
- Experience creating and maintaining business intelligence reports & data visualization
- Excellent organizational and analytical abilities.
- Outstanding problem solver.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Prior experience working with cloud data technologies (examples: Amazon RDS, Azure Factory, DynamoDB, Snowflake)
- Experience with data analysis platforms and tools (examples: Tableau, PowerBI, DataBricks, R
Exciting Benefits we Offer:
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment