Constellation (TSX: CSU) is a publicly-traded company that acquires, manages, and grows vertical market software companies all over the world.
The trainee will be working closely and assisting the senior team members with the day-to-day tasks of the Perseus Corporate GL team to develop an understanding of standard processes which have an impact on the Business Unit and Corporate Financial Statements. They will be able to practice their technical accounting knowledge and work toward process improvement while working with other professionals to learn current accounting practices adopted in the software and service industry.
It is a 3-month paid trainee program that can potentially be converted into full-time employment based on performance.
What Will You Learn
- Able to perform daily bank reconciliations for all the businesses and audit for any fraudulent transactions.
- Learn how to use Microsoft Great Plains as an Accounting Software and its reporting tools.
- Learn how to use Jedox as a corporate reporting tool.
- Learn how to account for multi-foreign exchange currencies and how they impact operations.
- Opportunity to expand job responsibilities in the future in other domains such as Intercompany transaction reconciliation and Head office expense allocations.
- Perform day-to-day bank reconciliation in Great Plain Dynamics for all the North American businesses under Perseus Group.
- Performing monthly account reconciliations of Balance Sheet accounts.
- Assist team with posting journal entry transactions related to corporate allocations.
- Record employee’s Client Cardholder expense transactions.
- Perform ad hoc tasks on projects and assist team members with compiling data from the Jedox reporting tool.
- Run regular control reports to confirm journal entry transactions are posted accurately
- The ideal candidate will have strong organizational and communication skills allowing him or her to manage multiple priorities while maintaining exceptional attention to detail.
- Will ensure strong relationships with external stakeholders and internal teams; maintaining a strong customer service culture and positive attitude within the finance team. Experience with a multilocation environment is a plus.
- Be proactive and eager to contribute and learn, ask lots of questions, and provide solutions. Maintaining a continuous improvement mindset and proactively identifying, reviewing, and implementing process improvements.
Education and Technical Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration, or related field.
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles.
- Proven ability to calculate, post, and manage accounting figures and financial records.
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers.
- Understanding of ERP and proprietary software (preferably MS Great Plains).
- Proficiency in English and in MS Office (primarily in MS-Excel).
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills.
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.