The Vela operating group of Constellation Software Inc , is a portfolio of vertical market enterprise software companies. Vela acquires independently managed software companies around the world, providing them with the strategic guidance and financial security they need to become leaders within their respective markets.
We are seeking an intermediate corporate lawyer, experienced in an international business environment, ideally with experiences gained at multi-national or North America-centric organizations.
The chosen professional shall work from the Contour Karachi/Lahore/Islamabad office, collaborate with senior corporate lawyers and management located in Canada, the US, Europe and Australia, and report to the operating group’s General Counsel in Toronto.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Providing contract support for standard corporate agreements, such as non-disclosure, marketing, and independent contractor agreements.
- Providing administrative support for documents and activities related to corporate restructurings, such as mergers, acquisitions, and formations.
- Providing support in the structuring, drafting and negotiating of commercial agreements, such as software license agreements, terms & conditions, service agreements and partnership agreements.
- Support the company’s acquisition activities, including participating in contract review in due diligence, preparing ancillary agreements and internal contribution agreements for acquisitions, and assisting in post-acquisition integration efforts.
- Preparation, filing, organization and maintenance of corporate books and records, including bylaws, resolutions, board of director changes, annual reports, etc.
- Assisting in matters involving creation and maintenance of corporate subsidiaries, including entity formation, entity dissolution, entity foreign qualifications, obtaining DBAs, and coordinating obtaining EINS and preparation of W-9s with tax and compliance.
- Assisting in data privacy, data security, trade control compliance and other regulatory requirements;
- Maintaining subsidiary lists, entity charts, and officer/director designations for entities.
- Coordinating and receiving director and officer signatures for documents and materials.
Desired Skills And Qualifications
- Ideal Candidate has US/Canada/UK/European Law degree and 3-8 years of corporate/commercial legal experience working for multi-national, trans-national or US/Canada/European companies.
- Candidates with local LLB/LLM from HEC recognized institutions, with 5-12 years of experience at busy firms focused on corporate/commercial law, and some exposure to North American, Australian and European corporate/commercial law, are also welcome to apply.
- Candidates with corporate law experience involving commercial contracting, especially involving intellectual property and/or software, or experience at Telcos/multi-national firms shall be preferred.
- Excellent drafting and negotiating skills, as well as the ability to handle a high volume of competing demands, are essential.
- Candidates with international travel experience preferred.
- Exposure to data protection laws and international trade control compliance will be considered an asset
- Current practicing certificate not necessary.
Exciting Benefits We Offer
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment