Who are we?
Afiniti is the world??s leading applied artificial intelligence and advanced analytics provider. Afiniti Enterprise Behavioural Pairing? uses artificial intelligence to identify subtle and valuable patterns of human interaction in order to pair individuals on the basis of behaviour, leading to more successful interactions and measurable increases in enterprise profitability. Afiniti operates throughout the world and has measurably driven billions of dollars in incremental value for our clients.
Working within the Client Data Services team, you will be a key team member who drives excellent customer service to both internal and external clients. CDS is responsible to build strong relationships with client partner teams including business owners, marketing, IT and other teams as well as internal Afiniti business analytics, artificial intelligence and IT teams to develop and deliver high value deliverables. Proactively identify, prioritize and conduct analysis that drives meaningful insight on target objectives.
The open role is Manager Client Data Services
- Support the Director and CDS team to drive the business agenda, successfully delivering on business and CDS goals
- Liaise with internal and client stakeholders, including senior and executive level, to communicate data requirements and help secure relevant data assets
- Able to drive successful completion of reporting, data/client scoping and analytic deliverables
- Ensures quality and reliability of data obtained from clients, ensuring it contains analytics and modelling capabilities
- Responsible for performance reporting on client accounts
- Manage requests for performance results, provide drill down on results and conduct custom analysis
- Fulfilment of requests for analytics and performance queries from internal & external clients
- Ensure correct client accounts monthly billing procedure is followed and invoicing is accurate and timely
- Drives analysis and reporting in support of financial objectives and targets on client accounts
- Reconcile data (internally and with the client). Reconcile data and procedure with internal teams
- Drive new business opportunities through seeking new data access in collaboration with client and internal teams
- Document data joining procedures (collaborate with and audit procedures from AI team) for new installations and expansions. Secure client to agree to procedure.
- Ensure data integrity on review of historical data
- Confirm that AI team is able to optimize the performance metric desired by the client and that the data provided by the client is sufficient (completeness and usability)
- Define data validation reports to be shared with client
- Show client how to look at the data and give them comfort around the procedure and the various checks that are part of validation. (Present results and explain SQL procedures to client via web session)
- Prepare succinct, clear, and easy to follow documents that summarize findings and insights
- Perform other duties as assigned
Willing to work in US hours
The ideal candidate will have
- 5+ years of working experience as a data analyst
- Expert knowledge of SQL; R and Python would be beneficial
- Experience of working in a client facing role; consulting experience preferred
- The ability to manage clients and internal stakeholders?? expectations
- The ability to convey complex mathematical concepts in meaningful way to business clients and internally
- The ability to work independently and in a team environment
- The ability to work effectively across functions, levels and disciplines
- Strong MS Office Suite skills ?? particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Basic knowledge and understanding of statistical concepts
Strong problems solving and critical thinking skills
Education & Qualifications
Bachelor??s Degree in Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or Finance
SALARY & PACKAGE
As well as a competitive base salary dependent on the number of years of experience, we also offer generous stock options, an annual discretionary bonus plus Corporate benefits.
We believe that richness in diversity is a huge asset for Afiniti. We value both the similarities and differences in everyone who is a part of the Afiniti team. We believe that this diversity builds a stronger organization and is in keeping with the core values of our company. Our policy, therefore, is to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions, breastfeeding or reproductive health decisions), gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, personal appearance, genetic information, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, military or veteran status, or any other category protected under applicable federal, state or local law. This means that we comply with all applicable human rights and employment legislation, and we do not discriminate in any aspect of employment, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotions, reductions in force, or terminations.