Who are we?
Afiniti is the world??s leading applied artificial intelligence and advanced analytics provider. Afiniti Enterprise Behavioral Pairing? uses artificial intelligence to identify subtle and valuable patterns of human interaction in order to pair individuals on the basis of behavior, leading to more successful interactions and measurable increases in enterprise profitability. Afiniti operates throughout the world and has measurably driven billions of dollars in incremental value for our clients.
As a Data Engineer in the Data Transformation team, you will be responsible for project migration from MySQL to Greenplum, this includes both code and data migration. You will be using different ETL tools and languages to make an ETL pipeline and migrate, transform, and optimize the data objects.
You will be communicating with different account stakeholders to ensure optimum project migration.
The open role is Data Engineer II.
- Design data integration or ELT/ETL processes for client engagements which should be based on an approach that is holistic, scalable, pragmatic, and effective.
- Extract data from transactional systems, transform data and load data into the target operating data stores or data warehouses.
- Perform data migrations.
- Perform data profiling and data quality audit.
- Develop unit tests unit-tests.
- Write complex and optimized stored procedures/functions.
Ensure compliance with business, data, and technical requirements.
The ideal candidate will have
- 3 to 5 years of working experience as a Data Steward.
- Hands-on experiences in ETL tools like Talend, Informatica, or Microsoft BI Stack(SSIS, SSAS)
- Hands-on and proven experience in MySQL/PosgresSQL/T-SQL
- Demonstrated knowledge of database design and development
- Experience in dealing with data with Python and its related libraries.
- Experience with scripting/programming languages: R/Shell/Python
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills
- The ability to work independently and in a team environment
- The ability to work effectively across functions, levels, and disciplines
The ability to convey opinions in a meaningful way to client stakeholders and internal team members.
Education & Qualifications
Bachelor??s degree in Computer Science/ Mathematics/ Economics/ Statistics/ Electronics/Electrical Engineering or Physics
We believe that richness in diversity is a huge asset for Afiniti. We value both the similarities and differences in everyone who is a part of the Afiniti team. We believe that this diversity builds a stronger organization and is in keeping with the core values of our company. Our policy, therefore, is to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions, breastfeeding or reproductive health decisions), gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, personal appearance, genetic information, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, military or veteran status, or any other category protected under applicable federal, state or local law. This means that we comply with all applicable human rights and employment legislation, and we do not discriminate in any aspect of employment, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotions, reductions in force, or terminations.