Who are we?
Afiniti is the world??s leading applied artificial intelligence and advanced analytics provider. Afiniti Enterprise Behavioral Pairing? uses artificial intelligence to identify subtle and valuable patterns of human interaction in order to pair individuals on the basis of behavior, leading to more successful interactions and measurable increases in enterprise profitability. Afiniti operates throughout the world, and has measurably driven billions of dollars in incremental value for our clients.
Afiniti is looking for highly skilled, innovative and motivated Senior VDI Engineers in different in Pakistan (Karachi, Lahore, and Islamabad).
The Senior Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Engineers will be responsible for the management of Virtualization Server / Desktop and UEM infrastructure. The ideal candidate will provide 24×7 support of engineering solutions in both physical and virtual environments. You will design and configure VDI Infrastructure and will handle all upgrades and security patches to application and OS. The person will implement changes and/or new features to support and secure the VMware infrastructure based on direction and guidance from the Enterprise Infrastructure Operations Engineering team.
Knowledge, Skills And Personal Characteristics
- The Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Engineer shall perform design, implementation, and configuration of virtualized desktop environments.
- Design; development; implementation and/or integration of desktop virtualization environments.
- In-depth knowledge of VMware products including vSphere, VMware Workspace ONE (UEM, Access, and Horizon, Dynamic Environment)
- Operate; support and troubleshooting escalated issues by users, VDI Operations and Service Desk.
- Capacity management, deployments, updates and security patching, and provide technical guidance/implementations to projects.
- Ensure virtualization systems are compliant within required security standards
- Develop and maintain Standard Operating Procedures for desktop virtualization environment
- Support existing Workspace ONE environment with troubleshooting and upgrades.
- Familiarity with and interest in mobile devices is necessary (iOS, Android, Mac OS, Windows 10, etc.).
- Develop and implement testing strategies and document results
- Diagnoses and troubleshoots problems with the virtualization environment including Microsoft and Linux O/S.
- Develop server/system migration strategies and processes for virtualized and non-virtualized desktop environments.
- Interacts with other project team members
- Demonstrated experience with advanced configurations such as high availability, SAN/NAS Storage, FC Switches, virtualization, performance tuning, etc.
- Experience working within a dynamic R&D environment
- Experience researching, evaluating, and supporting new technologies
Experience connecting Linux systems to TCP/IP networks, configuring, troubleshooting, etc.
Qualification And Experience
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience engineering and supporting Virtual desktop Infrastructure in a large-scale environment
- 2 years of experience engineering and supporting VMware Workspace ONE
- VMware Workspace ONE vSphere technical certifications (i.e., VCP) are desirable
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- A methodical and disciplined approach to problem-solving
- Ability to be on-call 24×7
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects with minimal supervision
Must be fluent in English with good command of Written and Spoken English
Salary & Package
As well as a competitive base salary, we also offer generous stock options, an annual discretionary bonus plus corporate benefits.