Who are we?
Afiniti is the world??s leading applied artificial intelligence and advanced analytics provider. Afiniti Enterprise Behavioral Pairing? uses artificial intelligence to identify subtle and valuable patterns of human interaction in order to pair individuals on the basis of behavior, leading to more successful interactions and measurable increases in enterprise profitability. Afiniti operates throughout the world, and has measurably driven billions of dollars in incremental value for our clients.
The Architect Engineers will be responsible for the management Linux/Virtualization Server infrastructure. The ideal candidate will provide 24×7 support of engineering solutions in both physical and virtual environments. They will design and configure Linux systems, and will handle all upgrades and security patches to application and OS based on agreed-upon maintenance windows. They will implement changes and/or new features to support and secure the Linux infrastructure based on direction and guidance from the Enterprise Infrastructure Operations Engineering team.
- Application integration, architecture, engineering, and support of the Afiniti in house and client remote servers and storage systems.
- 24×7 support of Production appliances and related /associated supporting systems
- Design, implement, and support the computing systems, including both physical and virtual systems, and perform configuration, maintenance, support, and engineering tasks
- Support Afiniti application development, including determining required patches, packages, permissions, software configuration, etc.
- Coordinate with Security, Operations/Engineering, and other functional teams to ensure standards are maintained when systems are customized to support Afiniti development efforts
- Production support of new engineering solutions and initiatives.
- Standardization, Optimization and automation of systems
- Perform routine systems admin functions to maintain all Linux /Virtualization servers
- Recommend, design, and implement systems management and automation solutions
- Design, configure, and tune highly-available Linux systems
- Assist in implementing, executing, maintaining, and documenting proper DR and BC as well as high availability procedures
- Participate in deployments, upgrades, and maintenance
- Maintain the patch levels of all OS and application patches on all systems using automated systems
Performing other duties as assigned by their respective line managers.
The ideal candidate will have
- Experience of the candidate should be between 5 to 8 years.
- Experience engineering and supporting Linux (RHEL/CENTOS) and Virtualization (Citrix Xen/VMware /RHEV/ KVM) in a large-scale environment
- Experience supporting computing technologies for researchers (experience within a multinational IT Software and services development environment is preferred)
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Experience supporting Functional and production development efforts, custom applications, etc.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Dependability and reliability
- Methodical and disciplined approach to problem solving
- Ability to be on-call 24×7
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated experience with advanced configurations such as high availability, SAN/NAS Storage, FC Switches, virtualization, performance tuning, etc.
- Experience working within a dynamic R&D environment
- Experience researching, evaluating, and supporting new technologies
- Experience supporting enterprise-class applications and databases
- Experience deploying Linux on x86 rack-mount server and blade platforms
- Experience connecting Linux systems to enterprise storage, and understanding of appropriate use cases for SAN and NAS
- Experience connecting Linux systems to TCP/IP networks, configuring, troubleshooting, tuning, etc.
- Excellent Expertise mandatory with server virtualization technologies
- Strong scripting skills with experience in Perl, Python, PHP, Bash, or other scripting languages
- Implemented automatic configuration system (Ansible, Puppet, Chef, CFEngine, etc.)
- Strong Linux security skills/experience
Experience setting up and deploying systems with Red Hat Satellite
Education & Qualifications
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent