Afiniti is seeking to hire an innovative and motivated individual, who under general direction can work with a high level of autonomy, uses knowledge and skills obtained through education and experience to perform the necessary assessment, analysis and tasks related to specific regulations, industry standards and/or a customer??s unique requirements.
A qualified candidate will primarily be working on managing SIEM implementation (post) as well as normal roles of security engineering such as (client interfacing, security incident response and daily information security duties). Specific responsibilities will include long term customization work following the initial deployment. These tasks will include working to implement best practices, determine specific use cases and fully integrate the solution into the environment and workflow.
The candidate will need to have experience in a variety of technologies including networking devices, security devices, operating systems, and databases etc
- Developing and implementing SIEM solution internally and as well for clients and/or candidates who have strong experience in assessing and implementing SIEM and other operational tools and processes for a Security Operations Centre (SOC)
- Develop content for a complex and growing SIEM infrastructure. This includes use cases, dashboards, active channels, reports, rules, filters, trends and active lab sessions
- Use SIEM in the daily operational work and workflow of the end customer
- Administer SIEM software platform.
- Monitor SIEM and other event sources, assess, prioritize and escalate and manage security alerts.
- Perform analysis of security, network database and application logs, correlate events and activities to create threat scenarios in order to get ahead of threat actors and reduce the exposure
- Lead the imminent threat/zero-day response function across the environment
- Translate threat intelligence into actionable security across tools such as firewall, IPS and malware detection across multiple security vendor platforms
- Track and resolve security incident tickets and collaborate with other teams for resolution.
Must have some experience building custom connectors/parsers etc. to point devices or IT assets that are not supported out of the package
The ideal candidate will have
- 2 to 5 years of professional experience
- System security and SIEM implementation experience
- In-depth experience and understanding of Security Event Management ?? both from a technology/tool as well as process perspective
- Demonstrated knowledge of TCP/IP networking and major protocols such as: HTTP, SSL/TLS, DNS, SMTP
- Demonstrated experience and expertise with several of the following technology competencies with SIEM, vulnerability scanning tools (Nexpose, Metaspolit), File Integrity Monitoring, and Data Loass Protection etc.
- Development of security scripts in Powershell or Python for areas such as: automated detection and scanning capabilities
- Network stream analysis using PCAP data and packet reconstruction
- Experience executing on a defined Incident Response Frameworks and Handling Procedures such as NIST, SANS.
- Current knowledge of security threats, solutions, security tools and network technologies
- An understanding or proficiency in information security and compliance regulations (ISO 27001, PCI DSS, GDPR, SSAE-18 SOX)
- Keen ability to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, excellent problem solving skills
- Fluency in English, written and spoken is a must
- Excellent documentation skills
- Must be able to work independently, and also a team player
You may be required to travel on need basis
Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor??s Degree in an IT related discipline
- CEHCHFIIBM Q-Radar or similar security related certification
- In lieu of certifications, at least 2 years of information security, auditing or risk management experience