Who are we?
Afiniti is the world??s leading applied artificial intelligence and advanced analytics provider. Afiniti Enterprise Behavioral Pairing? uses artificial intelligence to identify subtle and valuable patterns of human interaction in order to pair individuals on the basis of behavior, leading to more successful interactions and measurable increases in enterprise profitability. Afiniti operates throughout the world and has measurably driven billions of dollars in incremental value for our clients.
The Scrum Master helps oversee the scrum process and the development team. They are knowledgeable in Agile software/product development methodologies/scrum and are able to educate and coach others. They act as a buffer between the scrum team and product owner and maintain a safe working environment for the team by helping resolve conflicts.
The Scrum Master Is Known As The Guardian Of Scrum Team, And Is Someone That
The Scrum Master is required to work within a global matrixed organization and within multiple development teams to build scalable, production-ready software.
Exerts command/control over scrum processes
Continuously motivates, inspires and pushes the teams efficiency and creativity
This position will report to the Director, Scrum at Afiniti.
- Creates and maintain useful, reliable and practical plans for software development projects
- Inspires design/development teams and leverages techniques to enhance their creativity and improve their efficiency
- Organizes and facilitates daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint demo and retrospective meetings
- Lead the scrum and development teams in self-organization
- Forecasts deliverables based on evidence and reliable data sources
- Manages the scrum process with the coordination of the scrum team in the Agile development methodology
- Identifies, escalates and removes impediments for the scrum team
- Arranges and runs daily stand-up meetings, facilitates required meetings, demos and decision-making processes in order to ensure quick inspection
- Helps the product owner(s) to create and groom user story backlogs ensuring that they are prioritized, detailed and ready for the next sprint
- Conducts retrospective meetings, coaxing out key feedback items from the entire team
- Acts as a safeguard, motivator, facilitator, mediator, communicator and organizer for their team
- Help build a productive environment where team members ??own? the product and enjoy working on it
- The ideal Candidate will have
- Exceptional yet friendly visual, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong servant leadership mentality as well as interpersonal and mentoring skills
- Ability to adapt to a changing, dynamic and unknown environment
- Conflict resolution skills which are balanced with honesty and respect
- Ability to analyze and think quickly and to resolve conflict
- Knowledge in techniques to fill in gaps in the scrum
- Keen punctuality and attention to detail
- Deep working knowledge/experience with agile development methodologies and frameworks including Scrum, Kanban and XP
- Deep understanding of Agile development techniques including:
- User Story generation
- Backlog grooming & tracking
- Burndown metrics & velocity
- Continuous Integration
- Continuous/Automated Testing
- Estimation practices
- Agile games
- Experience and opinions regarding Scrum tracking software such as Jira, Asana, Monday.com, etc.
- Expert estimation and planning skills
- Flexibity/agility to train/coach the team in how to follow/adapt the agile scrum methodology to meet our needs
- Understanding of the fundamental concepts of iterative and incremental software development approaches as well as service oriented software architectures
- Strong knowledge of Scrum theory, rules, practices and ceremonies
- Knowledge of and experience with waterfall project management in order to understand the Pro??s and Con??s of various approaches
- Commitment to delivering high quality products on time
Ability to escalate issues and provide status updates to executive management
Education And Qualifications
- Bachelors of Business Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Management, Computer Science or similar discipline
- 5yrs working experience as a Scrum Master
Scrum master certification is a plus
Salary and Package
As well as a competitive base salary dependent on the number of years of experience, we also offer corporate benefits.